|start | find | index | login or register | edit|
by earl, 5279 days agowhile at a talk of Google's research director, monika henzinger, at the technical university of vienna, the real motto of google (forget about "don't be evil") became crystal-clear:
"we have all those machines ...!"
hehehe. just joking ;) all in all it was a nice talk, a few points i found noteworthy:
- only about 15% of google's users ever move to the 2nd results page
- google is not using result click-thru statistics for ranking purposes
- trust/spam is a huge issue
- don't modify exact searches - that upsets a lot of users. only recommend and suggest
- "where there is little electricity, there are few google searches"
14 active users
|earl.strain.at • esa3 • online for 6803 days • c'est un vanilla site|