login or register |
rebXR Unicode Behaviour
as Unicode support and string handling in general is one of the shaky, unspecified parts within the XML-RPC spec, an explicit declaration of rebXR's behaviour:
- REBOL does not support unicode
- rebXR passes bytes thru to the application layer - unmangled, in whatever encoding they originally were
- rebXR is able to parse character entity references as long as the character referenced is within 0x00 and 0xFF
- rebXR handles the formats nnn and nn
- rebXR handles the "well known" entities lt, gt, amp, quot and apos
- if the charcter referenced is not within 0x00 and 0xFF rebXR fails. so on encountering e.g. Ā rebXR will throw an exception (an REBOL error!). no silent corruption takes place.
echo earlZstrainYat|tr ZY @.
• online for 6378 days
• c'est un vanilla site